We provide an array of Spa Services at the Sunrise Wellness Spa concerning Full Body Health. Our Goal is for you to leave here balanced and rejuvenated mentally and physically.
WHY GET A BODY TREATMENT?
Your skin is the largest organ you have and it is also a MAJOR organ just like your heart and lungs. You need to care for your skin and make sure it is healthy because it takes care of you in so many ways including:
- Respiration– Yes Your Skin Breathes!
- Excretion– It works alongside your kidneys and your liver to get rid of metabolic wastes, toxins, and any unwanted items in your system.
- Blood and Lymph Circulation– This is crucial for immune function.
- Protection– Your skin is your Armour. It acts as a barrier for your organs to the outside world.
WHAT DOES A TREATMENT ENTAIL?
- The Vital Chi Dry Skin Brushing – It is a powerful therapy that positively influences your skin! Skin brushing has been practiced for thousands of years, from dried corn cobs to sands from river bottoms.
- The Wrap- You get enclosed in rich nutrients from the bottom of seas and lakes, a mass amount of herbs, flowers, plants and minerals. It is so wonderfully warm and deeply relaxing. We use Moor and Ore Spa products in our body treatments
- The Hydro-Shower- You jump in for a cleanse and jump out feeling amazing. Many people comment on how much energy they have. They feel rejuvenated and light as a feather!
- The Moisturizing- You will get a relaxing moisturizing massage for added hydration and skin health!
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS?
- Exfoliation– Getting rid of your dry dead skin is beneficial. It will help the thickening of skin, age (sun) spots, prevent deep wrinkling and aid in hydration. Also when we age our sebum (oil) and sweat production decrease and when there is less oil production our elasticity decrease and therefore wrinkles.
- Lymphatic Drainage– Our lymph does not get circulated by a pump like our blood does therefore we need to help the lymph circulate so it can continuously get filtered and drained. This is key for proper immune function and disease prevention.
- Muscle Health– It will stimulate and excite the muscles through increased venous blood flow. The veins carry the blood back to the heart with muscle contractions. Ex. Stimulates blood circulation à Increased muscle contractions à Increased Muscle Tone = Healthy Muscles à Healthy Blood Circulation à Healthy Body
- Relaxation– Your skin has thousands of nerve endings and when these are stimulated muscle tension is released à better lung capacity,
- Skin Detoxification– “Weight loss” has been said to be a result of Body Treatments but it is not a long term effect. What happens is the ingredients in the spa products, for example; algae, clay,or mud, actually act as poultice and will ‘pull’ the toxins out of your body resulting in feeling lighter and looking like you have lost inches but what it is is mainly a loss of water weight. Your body will go back unfortunately. If you are eating a clean diet and exercising regularly Body treatments can complement these activities and keep you and your skin healthy.
- Skin Problems– These body treatments will benefit many different types of skin issues and irritations. Psoriasis, Eczema, Dry or Dehydrated Skin, Sun Damaged Skin, and Cellulite
- Relaxation– Stress is very dangerous and we need to start doing as much as we can to keep it out of our lives. Scientist have found that Stress causes 98% of all illnesses. People are in such a hurry all the time and taking a little time out of your day to deep breathe and enjoy YOU is so important!