September is the month we all get back to school and back into our routines from our fabulous free summers, but we also get back to our SPORTS!
Whether it be hockey, football, dance, figure skating, or volleyball and whether or not you are an adult or a child taking part in these sports we all should be making sure that we are taking care of our bodies properly. We need to our bodies to provide us with overall wellness, strength, agility, flexibility, performance, endurance, and we need to make sure with all of our activities we prevent injuries.
Here are some benefits to Sports Massage and Active Isolated Stretching:
- Increase performance
- Improves circulation and helps prevent water retention
- Enhance muscle tone and helps with posture
- Improve recovery time
- Strengthen Immune system
- Reduce Blood pressure
- Increase flexibility
- Eliminate fatigue, you will feel more energized
- Minimizes injuries
- It promotes muscle relaxation and helps relieve stress
- Soothes the body of aches and pains, especially in your lower back, shoulders and neck
It’s very important to have a Registered Sports Massage Therapist provide these services for your specific sport. Post and Pre Event Massage are both very important and should be used regularly and not just used for big game events.
You will feel healthier, relaxed, refreshed, and energized.
Check out the Sports Massage Website www.csmta.ca for more information.